Latimore Valley Fairgrounds

Back to Roaming the Raceways Section Menu

Latimore Valley Fairgrounds
RTR ID: 33623a
York Springs
lat: +40.0202
Dirt Oval
lng: -77.0776
First Race: 1933
Date of First Visit: 05/04/2008 (Track #1149)
RTR YouTube Video:

The Latimore Valley Fairgrounds track was built in 1923, first hosting auto racing ten years later.

The fairgrounds is the home of the Eastern Museum of Motor Racing.

The track only hosted racing from 1933-1940. It was rescued and rebuilt, hosting vintage exhibitions since 1986.

Racing, at least in some form, returned in 2008 when a four car wheel-to-wheel "blindfold race" was held during the annual fish fry.

The event has proven to be the most popular event of the weekend and has helped raise thousands of dollars for the museum to use in the preservation of local auto racing history.
par community.

Feedback or Comments about this page
are welcomed at:

All Photos copyright by Guy Smith (Roaming the Raceways)
All rights reserved.

Back to Roaming the Raceways Section Menu
Back to Roaming the Raceways Home